The main sample apps are located in the Stream Chat Android SDK repository:
- Compose UI Components Sample App: The sample app built on top of our Compose UI components SDK.
- UI Components Sample App: The sample app built on top of our UI components SDK.
These samples showcase the default behavior, so you can check them to get overview of the features provided by our SDK, such as:
- Offline support
- Message search
- Channel search
- Push notifications
- Threads and replies
- Emoji reactions
- User mentions
- Giphy integration
- Attachments picker
- Typing indicators
For more complex use of our SDK consider checking the additional samples below.
The main samples are always up-to-date with the latest Stream Chat Android SDK version.
We also maintain a dedicated repository for fully fledged sample applications at Android-Samples. The samples were developed by our Android team, our DevRel team and external contributors. Each sample demonstrates different use cases and APIs of Stream Chat Android SDK.
- Video Chat Sample: Livestream app that demonstrates how to use the low level client.
- Virtual Event Sample: Virtual event sample app.
- WhatsApp Clone: WhatsApp clone app.
- WhatsApp Clone Compose: WhatsApp clone app built with Jetpack Compose.
- Slack Clone Compose: Slack clone app built with Jetpack Compose following clean architecture principles.
- Avengers Chat: Demo application based on modern Android tech stack.
- Facebook Messenger Clone: Facebook Messenger clone app built with Jetpack Compose.
- Stream Draw: Real-time multiplayer drawing & chat game app built with Jetpack Compose.
- Foldable Chat: Demonstrates adaptive and responsive UIs with Jetpack WindowManager API.
Unlike the main samples, these projects are not guaranteed to use the latest version of Stream Chat Android SDK.