•Published: Mar 4, 2022
This major release comes packed with new feature sets, DX and UX improvements, UI customizations, and so much more. Keep reading for a brief summary of what’s included in the update, or check out the “What’s New in v4?” section of the documentation for a deeper look.
- New features, including Pin Messages, Slow Mode, and refactored Typescript Generics
- Better handling of Channel User Capabilities
- Optimized performance and stability for images and galleries
- Revamped Giphy navigation for messages
- Improved customizability for UI components, including autocomplete suggestions, message actions, deleted messages, and avatar overlay reactions
How to Upgrade
We have done the heavy lifting for you–this simple upgrade guide is easy to follow and helps you quickly migrate to the most polished version of this React Native Chat SDK. Once you do, you’ll avoid unnecessary bugs, interact with a cleaner interface, skip the latency issues, and offer a smoother experience to your end users.
We highly recommend testing your app after you upgrade. Have questions? Don’t hesitate to reach out. Our support team is excited to get everyone using the latest and greatest versions of our growing library of in-app chat SDKs, so we’re happy to answer any questions and walk you through the process.