Effective Date: February 8, 2021
Traffic Data Collected
When you visit the Websites, web servers collect information about your visit (known as “traffic data”), which is stored as deidentified or aggregate data. We use traffic data to learn more about visitors’ use of the Websites and to improve the quality of the content and functionality of the Websites, as well as to target our offerings to the people most interested in them based on their use of the Websites. In order to provide the Service to our Customers, Stream collects certain information and data about End Users (“End User Information”). Stream provides analyses of deidentified or aggregate End User Information to its Customers and to other third parties (“Analyzed Data”). Stream takes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that Analyzed Data does not include any PII, as defined below Personally Identifiable Information Personally identifiable information (“PII”) is information that can be used to identify an individual user, for example, a person’s name, home address, email address or phone number. We engage third party service providers to collect certain PII on our behalf, for example billing information such as credit card number. We receive and store any PII users enter on our Websites, send to us in an email or voluntarily provide to us in any other way. We may also collect PII that is necessary to fulfill Stream’s legitimate interests, which will be described to you at the time of collection. We will use this information for the purposes of which it was collected.
PII Collected for Website Registration
Use of PII Collected on the Websites
The use of PII collected through our Websites shall be limited to the purposes of providing the Service to process any applicable payment and communicate with you as needed in connection with the Service.
PII Collected via the Service
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
Use of PII
When you send e-mail or other communications to Stream, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Service. Stream may also use PII for various purposes, including without limitation to:
- To help diagnose problems with the Websites or Service, to administer the Websites or Service, and to enhance the Websites or Service for optimal user experience.
- To monitor the usage and performance of the Websites or Service, and to determine deidentified or aggregate information about our users and usage patterns.
- To customize content that may be of interest to Customers or End Users.
- To identify you when you access and use any Websites or Service.
- To facilitate transactions and process payments.
- To send users materials, updates, and product information regarding the Websites or Service.
- To provide maintenance, support, and customer service for the Websites or Service.
- To conduct research and analysis.
- To contact users for information verification purposes.
You may choose to stop receiving marketing emails or other informational emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your account with us (if you have one) and our business dealings with you.
Stream may share PII with any third parties in the following limited circumstances:
- We may ask if you would like us to share your PII with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy, and we may do so with your consent.
- We may share your PII with companies that are affiliated with us (that is, that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with Stream).
- If Stream is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, we may transfer your PII to a third party as part of that transaction, including at the negotiation stage. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership.
Confidentiality and Security
Information Security and Data Integrity
Lost or Stolen Information
You must promptly notify us if your PII is lost, stolen, or used without permission. In such an event, we will remove that PII from your account and update our records accordingly.
Stream will retain PII for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which we collected such PII. For example, Stream will retain PII we process on behalf of our Customers for as long as needed to provide Service to our Customers. Stream will also retain and use PII as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Controlling Your PII
As a registered user of the Websites, you can modify or delete some of the PII you have included in your profile by logging in and accessing your account. You cannot, however, change your username once you have registered. Upon your request, Stream will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete your account and the PII in your profile; however, it may be impossible to remove your account without some residual information being retained by Stream. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days. We may withhold information where the search for that information would require disproportionate effort or have a disproportionate effect to, for example, the cost of providing the information, the time it would take to retrieve the data, or how difficult it may be to obtain the information requested. To exercise your rights under these provisions, please contact us at the “Contact” details below. When we receive your requests, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Service. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you Service contact us at email@example.com . We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Notice to Residents of the European Economic Area and the United Kingdom
The following applies to individuals in the European Economic Area and the United Kingdom. Stream is required to inform you of the lawful basis of our processing of your PII.
- Processing based on your consent – Such uses may include to enhance our Websites and Service, or to send users materials, updates, and product information regarding the Websites or Service.
- Processing necessary for the performance of a contract – Such uses include to provide our Service to our Customers, to communicate with you, to administer and monitor the Service, to customize content that may be of interest to you, to facilitate transactions and process payments, to respond to your inquires, to determine your eligibility to set up your account, and to provide maintenance, support, and customer service.
- Processing necessary to comply with our legal obligations – Such uses include the security of the Websites and Service, and otherwise as required by applicable law.
Please note we may process your PII, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by applicable law. In accordance with applicable data protection laws, you may have the right to request:
- Access to, rectification, and erasure of your PII;
- Restriction of processing of PII;
- Objecting to certain processing of PII; and
- The right to data portability.
Where any processing of PII is solely dependent upon your consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time. When we receive your request, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. We may withhold information where we are required by law to do so or if the search for that information would require disproportionate effort or have a disproportionate effect to, for example, the cost of providing the information, the time it would take to retrieve the data, or how difficult it may be to obtain the information requested.
Where you believe that we have not processed your PII in accordance with applicable data protection laws, you may lodge a complaint with the respective supervisory authority or data protection regulator. You can find your data protection regulator here .
Cross-Border Transfer of PII
Stream is based in the United States of America. If you are from a country outside of the United States of America with laws governing data collection, use, and disclosure that may differ from U.S. law and you provide PII to us, please note that any PII that you provide to us may be transferred to the United States of America. By providing your PII, where applicable law permits, you hereby specifically and expressly consent to such transfer and processing and the collection, use, and disclosure set forth herein or in any terms and conditions related to the use of and access to the Websites or Service. In general, Customers will be able to autonomously select where their data will be processed and stored when setting up a new application. Stream will ensure that the processing and storage will always take place in the designated location, where local regulations will apply in full and Stream shall comply with the applicable regulations. Should it become necessary, at any point in time, to transfer data to a different location, Stream will notify customers accordingly. Stream safeguards and enables the global transfer of PII in a number of ways. The following describes the protections that are implemented in regard to the transfer of data cross-border:
- We will only transfer PII to countries that have been able to demonstrate to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- We may use specific contracts with Service Providers only if approved by the European Commission, which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we only transfer data to them under the scope of a Data Processing Agreement which incorporates Standard Contractual Clauses, or another legally applicable data transfer mechanism, which require them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
For questions of concerns about the transfer of data cross-border and/or when transferring your personal data outside of the EEA, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Websites may offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your PII from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com . In some cases, we may not be able to remove your PII, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We may display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Websites in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Our Websites includes links to other web sites whose privacy practices may differ from those of Stream. If you submit PII to any of those web sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any web site you visit.