•7 months ago
It’s been scary to watch COVID-19 spread in Italy, The Netherlands and the rest of the world over the last few weeks. Our team in The Netherlands (1000 cases) started working remotely a few days ago and Colorado (70 cases) did the same starting yesterday.
For team members with young kids or those living in small apartments, it can be a bit harder to stay productive. Fortunately, most of our team has a good setup for remote work and I suspect this will have a limited impact on our customers.
If anyone is adding activity feeds or chat to a non-commercial project feel free to DM me for a free Stream account. (send me the email you used to create your account and tell me a bit about what you’re working on)
In this phase of social distancing, it’s encouraging to see the role technology can play:
- Doctors are going to be in urgent need of functional telemedicine solutions
- Edtech has to change from something that complements classes to a solution that can be used in a fully remote setting
- Government interaction (DMV for instance) is in need of a major overhaul to enable remote interactions for everything. Perhaps start with a queue based video + chat, file upload type of MVP that handles most of everything you can do offline and automate the most common tasks after that
- Not all stores support online grocery shopping, free software would make it easier for some of these stores to change to a pickup/delivery model.
- Many papers are being published on the Coronavirus, how is this information being indexed and published?
Those are just some examples, you can think of countless others. I believe we're going to see a lot of innovation in the coming months that will save lives.
Crazy times; stay safe and healthy everyone!