How To Build An App Like Uber
Fasten your seatbelts and get ready to rev up the puns as Ryan takes the wheel!
We are thrilled to have sponsored Ryan Michael Kay's latest YouTube video demonstrating how Stream's Compose UI toolkit can help you build a world-class chat solution and the complete functionality of an app like Uber!
Enjoy this follow along style Android tutorial that highlights key steps and navigates you through the entire process with source code. You'll cruise through Compose and XML to create an Uber-style app with driver-to-passenger chat, Google maps, autocomplete destination searching, and directions.
We know that reaching the final destination on your product roadmap would be impossible without adding user and location data to your app. Luckily, Stream's Chat SDK channels allow you to store all the data you need so that every ride has a dedicated channel—making messaging a breeze! We'll conclude the journey by taking in the scenic route of Stream's beautiful UI Kit. Our premade and customizable user interface means your app users will enjoy a more optimal performance and user experience straight out-of-the-box.
Take your Uber clone for a test drive and activate your free trial of Stream today. We can't wait to see what you build!
- Building an Uber Clone in Jetpack Compose
- Build a Real-Time Meeting App for Android with Jetpack Compose
- Southeast Asia’s Leading FinTech App Increases User Engagement by 30% with Stream
- Global Sports Management Software Replaces In-House Messaging with Stream Chat
- Create a SwiftUI Video Streaming App With Fun Emoji Reactions
- Building WhatsApp-Style Voice Messages With Swift