What you will be doing
- Provide, deploy and maintain production infrastructure and services running mainly on AWS
- Implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
- Implement operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
You enjoy solving scalability challenges by thinking out of the box and by using your strong understanding of the underlying technology.
You want to work at the core of a technology that powers the feed for over 500 million end users.
You understand that working at a startup is demanding, but you like that you won't have to deal with layers of management to get things done.
You are excited to be part of an exceptional team with years of experience in this domain.
- Professional experience in Linux systems administration (5+ years)
- Experience in performing OS minimization and hardening of a Linux system
- A strong understanding of IP-based networking and security protocols (e.g. TLS, SSL, etc.)
- A good understanding of AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, Cloudformation, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management system (e.g. Puppet, SALT, Fabric Ansible, etc.)
- Familiarity with shell scripting (i.e. Bash and Python) and versioning tools (i.e. Git)
- Familiarity with monitoring and operating relational database systems, in particular Postgres
- Experience with Nginx web server technologies
- Experience with Cassandra, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Familiarity with Python and Golang
- Experience with distributed databases
- Experience with GCE
- Golang + gRPC
- Jaeger + ScyllaDB
What we have to offer you
Stream employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- A competitive salary
- Company equity
- A team of exceptional engineers
- (A contribution to) health insurance
- Fitness stipend
- Weekly team lunches
- Plenty of snacks and fancy coffee/teas
- The opportunity and support to attend and/or present to industry-related conferences and meetups
- The chance to work on OSS projects
- The possibility to visit our US or Amsterdam office
Stream has a casual social culture, our team is diverse and we all have different backgrounds. Our Amsterdam team is very focused: you will see us heads-down coding or drawing complex charts on whiteboards, until we pop up to have a chat or play merciless games of ping pong.
Our talented developers are highly technical and collaborative, which makes Stream a great place to learn and improve your skills. When it comes to software engineering our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality: our goal is to deliver stable software.
If you are interested in becoming a part of what we do, apply now!
No recruiters/agencies please