Stream Chat supports push for both Android and iOS. In this section you will find all information on how to configure push for APN and Firebase.
Only new messages are pushed to mobile devices, all other chat events are only send to WebSocket clients and webhook endpoints if configured.
Push Delivery Logic
Push message delivery follows the following logic:
- Only channel members can receive push messages
- Members that are currently online do not receive push messages
- Messages added within a thread are only sent to users that are part of that thread (they posted at least one message or were mentioned)
- Messages from muted users are not sent
- Messages are sent to all registered devices for a user (up to 25)