We are looking for a Technical Writer in Amsterdam, Boulder, CO, or US Remote to help update, maintain, and improve the documentation for numerous SDKs supporting our Feed and Chat products. The Stream SDKs are being used by thousands of developers to support their millions of users.
What you will be doing
As a Technical Writer, you will be responsible for producing high quality and understandable documentation for our existing SDKs. As feature sets expand it is imperative our docs are always up to date with current releases. Your primary focus will be to improve the success and adoption of our products. Working closely with developers, designers, product teams, and clients will be expected and ensure success in the role. Excellent written skills are required to effectively gather and disseminate technical information to all stakeholders.
- Study product examples and sample applications
- Communicate with product designers and developers to fully understand the product
- Collaborate with technical staff
- Analyze and maintain existing documentation, produce future documentation
- Research and collect usability feedback from customers
As a member of the team, you must be excited to grow with Stream. At our core, we are a startup -- you should be able to act quickly and thrive in uncertainty. A keen eye for detail is essential for success in this role.
- 2+ years of technical experience as a writer, engineer, or similar role
- ability to read, understand, explain API contracts
- ability to translate highly technical information into easily understandable information for a wide range of developer skillset
- creative eye for diagrams, charts, or drawings to increase user understanding
- excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- team player
- focused, self-starter, and excel in environments with low supervision
- critical thinker and methodical problem-solving skills
- superior time management skills
Don’t fall into all of the requirements? You don’t have to match every bullet as long as you can grow into the role and provide value to the team.
- Software engineering or coding experience
- Computer Science degree
- Public technical blog
- Open-source software contributions
Our tech stack
At Stream, we use a wide collection of technologies to offer highly optimized and available features to our customers. Here is a shortlist of the technology that we currently use:
- Go, gRPC, RocksDB, Python
- Postgresql, RabbitMQ
- AWS, Puppet, CloudFormation
- Grafana, Graphite, ELK, Jaeger
- Redis, Memcached
##What’s In It For You
-3+ weeks of paid time off plus 10 paid holidays ✈️ -Free health insurance for the employee and a discounted rate for dependents -401k contribution plan -100% paid parental leave 👶 -Company equity -Dog-friendly office! 🐶 -Be part of a smart, high performing, passionate team -A Macbook Pro and a work-from-home stipend -Team lunches and plenty of snacks (onsite only) 🌯 -An office on Pearl Street in downtown Boulder -The possibility to visit our office in Amsterdam 🇳🇱
##Salary (for US only): Our salary ranges are based on national averages. We have wide ranges so we can be flexible and determine compensation based on a number of factors including the candidate's skills, level of experience, and location. The salary range for this position is $80,000 - $130,000.
Stream provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Stream provides APIs for building activity feeds and chat. Our team is passionate about tackling difficult tech problems at scale and creating reusable components for them.
Head of Product