What you'll be doing
- Provide, deploy and maintain production infrastructure and services running mainly on AWS
- Implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
- Implement operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
You enjoy solving scalability challenges by thinking out of the box and by using your strong understanding of the underlying technology.
Want to work at the core of a technology that powers the feed for over 500 million end users.
You understand that working at a startup is demanding, but you like that you won't have to deal with layers of management to get things done.
You are excited to be part of an exceptional team with years of experience in this domain.
- Professional experience in Linux systems administration (5+ years)
- Experience in performing OS minimization and hardening of a Linux system
- A strong understanding of IP-based networking and security protocols (e.g. TLS, SSL, etc.)
- A good understanding of AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, Cloudformation, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management system (e.g. Puppet, SALT, Fabric Ansible, etc.)
- Familiarity with shell scripting (i.e. Bash and Python) and versioning tools (i.e. Git)
- Familiarity with monitoring and operating relational database systems, in particular Postgres
- Experience with Nginx web server technologies
Bonus points you might bring to the table:
- Experience with Cassandra, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Familiarity with Python and Golang
- Experience with distributed databases
- Experience with GCE
- Golang + gRPC
- Jaeger + ScyllaDB