What you will be doing
As a React Native Developer Advocate, your primary focus will be generating technical content in the form of example applications, blog posts, etc., while also exercising cross-functional marketing strategies with the team. The technical content that you produce will be a crucial resource for attracting valuable customers to Stream.
- Create interesting educational content for developers in various formats: sample applications, screencasts, tech talks, blog posts, etc.
- Work closely with engineering to ensure that SDK and API products have a compelling roadmap that addresses the React Native community's needs
- Be a developer subject matter expert and champion developer that helps meet the needs and priorities across product, engineering, and marketing
- Drive adoption of Stream’s React Native SDK through various social efforts
- Use metrics and data to track activities and priorities
- Take an idea for compelling content from start to finish and then promote it to generate interest and shares in the developer community
You desire to work in a creative environment where development and developer marketing plans are created to tell stories and drive Stream’s mission forward. If you are a self-starter who is excited about essential communications, this job is for you!
- A combined 3+ years of experience in developer, developer evangelism, or developer relations roles at leading technology companies
- Low-level experience with Swift and Kotlin
- In-depth knowledge of developer communities and how to engage them productively
- Solid communication skills with an emphasis on persuasive technical writing
- Experience in technical consulting or client-facing capacity
Don’t fall into all of the requirements? You don’t have to match every bullet as long as you can grow into the role and provide value to the team.
- Understanding of SEO best practices and gaining high rankings within search engines
- Forward-thinking and an entrepreneurial mindset with an indescribable hunger for learning new concepts within a technical realm
- Track record of contributing to open-source projects
What we have to offer you
Stream team members enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- A competitive salary Company equity Medical/Dental/Vision 100% covered by Stream for employee (and discounted for dependents)
- Weekly team lunches (Boulder)
- Plenty of snacks and fancy coffee/teas (Boulder)
- Fitness stipend (Boulder)
- Pearl Street, Boulder office
- The possibility to visit our office in Amsterdam
Stream has a casual social culture, our team is diverse, and we all have different backgrounds. We're open, friendly, encouraging, and supportive (while we crush our competition and fuel crazy growth).
If you are interested in becoming a part of what we do, apply now!
No recruiters/agencies, please.