Developer Advocate (React Native)
- Developer Relations
- Boulder · Amsterdam
Stream is seeking a React Native developer to join our Developer Relations team! Our highly-collaborative team focused on supporting developers around the world who are integrating Stream products into their applications.
What You Will Do
- Spread awareness of Stream by building community, driving discussions, and providing guidance to developers.
- Work with the SDK team on a daily basis to improve the overall developer experience.
- Relay feedback to the team and help influence the product roadmap based on community feedback.
- Write, release, document, and manage open-source projects and demo apps built on Stream products.
Who You Are
- A lifelong learner who is always looking for the next challenge.
- Self-motivated, driven, and can solve problems autonomously.
- Focused on solving problems in the best way possible.
- A detail-oriented individual whose effort shows the high-quality output.
- An excellent communicator who enjoys teaching others through different modes of communication (e.g. - writing, video).
Ideally, You Have
- A minimum of 4 years of experience as a software engineer, developer, or equivalent technical experience.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- 1-2 years of technical consulting or in a community engagement capacity.
- Experience working with and building third-party developer tools such as APIs, SDKs, and client-libraries.
- A transparent history of GitHub commits and contributions to open-source projects.
- Participated in online and offline developer communities and ecosystems such as open-source platforms, blogs, YouTube video series, tech conferences, hackathons, meet-ups, technical teaching, and training.
- Experience working as a Developer Advocate in the tech space.
- Strong social presence.
- Examples of written content (e.g., Medium, Dev.to, personal blog, other).
What’s In It For You
- 3+ weeks of paid time off plus 10 paid holidays ✈️
- Free health insurance for the employee and a discounted rate for dependents
- 401k contribution plan
- 100% paid parental leave 👶
- Company equity
- Dog-friendly office! 🐶
- Be part of a smart, high performing, passionate team
- A Macbook Pro and a work-from-home stipend
- Team lunches and plenty of snacks (onsite only) 🌯
- An office on Pearl Street in downtown Boulder
- The possibility to visit our office in Amsterdam 🇳🇱
Salary (for US only): The compensation range for this position starts at $90,000 and may increase based on qualifications and experience.
Stream provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Stream provides APIs for building activity feeds and chat. Our team is passionate about tackling difficult tech problems at scale and creating reusable components for them.
Director of Developer Marketing