Stream is looking for a highly motivated and skilled Sales Development Representative (SDR) to support our sales team in the US. The role can be filled either from our office in Boulder Colorado or from a remote setup.
Stream is a leader in the “in app chat” & “feeds” features allowing companies to connect with Streams API via SDKs to rapidly build and deploy enterprise grade chat functionality, at much higher speeds and lower overhead cost than building in house.
What you will be doing
The SDR role is in place to support our sales efforts both for the inbound and outbound efforts and strategies. The SDR will work closely with their colleagues and sales reps to come up with new outbound ideas and techniques in the mid and enterprise market.
The SDRs role is to book high quality meetings in the mid-market and enterprise space with a focus on driving a higher quantity (and quality) on the enterprise accounts.
- Prospecting accounts and personas suitable to our use cases.
- Engage with prospects on a value based methodology.
- Conduct pre-discovery calls to further understand the “what & why”.
- Introduce the sales team and prospect and conduct a recap of your pre-discovery.
- Partake in our performance culture and help / support peers to learn and develop.
- Accurately enter, update, and maintain prospect information in CRM and other tools.
The ideal candidate is a team-player who is comfortable being uncomfortable and has a curious mind and a hunger to succeed and learn new things. The candidate for this role makes it a priority to get their work done and figuring things out while using good judgment. Creativity and strategic thinking are a huge plus in the role as there is great room for adding value to the company as a whole. A candidate for this role must also be excited to join with a scale-up SaaS business and have the drive to grow their career with the organization.
- At least 12 months of successful experience in new sales / business generation
- Experience with cold calling and emailing
- Have prior experience using CRMs along with other prospect platforms preferred
- Can think on your feet to creatively solve our customer business needs
- Have exceptional and persuasive communication skills, both verbal and written
- Are comfortable with leveraging compensation and handling rejection
Why join Stream?
- History of success. From Amsterdam to Boulder and Techstars in-between, Stream has raised over $58.25M to build the best Chat Messaging & Activity Feed infrastructure available, with best-in-class support.
- Freedom and endless growth opportunities. As a rapidly growing startup (since 2020 we have gone from 30 to 150 employees), Stream gives you unique personal and professional growth opportunities. The opportunity of true ownership and accountability has a massive impact on your career. These are the things you can rarely experience in huge corporations.
- Be on the front line of progress and innovation. While working with cutting-edge technology, we are passionate about tackling difficult tech problems at scale and creating reusable components for them, empowering engineering teams to ship apps faster, more securely, and with a better user experience.
- They believe in us: Stream is backed by leading VC companies (Felicis Ventures, GGV Capital, 01.Advisors, Techstars, Arthur Ventures), including backers like Dick Costolo (01 Advisors, ex-CEO of Twitter), Olivier Pomel (CEO of Datadog), Tom Preston-Werner (Co-Founder of GitHub), Nicolas Dessaigne (Co-Founder of Algolia), Johnny Boufarhat (Founder and CEO of Hopin).
- Complete location and working hours flexibility. If you prefer working from the office, working 100% remotely, combining both, or relocating to our AMS office, you have total freedom to choose what works best for you and makes you happy. We’re here to support you in being productive and feeling part of the team, no matter where you are.
What we have to offer you
US office / Remote
- 19+ days of paid time off plus 10 paid holidays
- Free health insurance for the employee and a discounted rate for dependents
- 401k contribution plan with 4% match
- 100% paid parental leave
- Company equity
- Dog friendly office!
- Be part of a smart, high performing, passionate team
- A Macbook Pro and a work-from-home stipend
- Team lunches and plenty of snacks
- An office on Pearl Street in downtown Boulder
Stream has a casual social culture, our team is diverse and we all have different backgrounds. Now, Stream is a team of over 140+ peers from over 35 countries across the globe.
We value transparency, aim for excellence, and support each other on our way to new victories.
Our team consists of the strongest talents all over the world, which makes Stream a great place to learn and improve your skills.
When it comes to software engineering our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality: our goal is to deliver stable software.
If you are interested in becoming a part of what we do, apply now!
Stream provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
No recruiters/agencies please