We are looking to hire an experienced Senior Frontend Developer in our Boulder office (or remote in the US).
What you will be doing
As a Senior Frontend Developer, you will primarily focus on developing and maintaining our website, documentation, SEO and blog. You’ll mostly be working alongside the PM and other engineers, in close collaboration with Designers and other frontend teams, to implement new pages and features, but you will also be working with the many other stakeholders of our frontend apps.
- Implement high quality animations and interactions
- Pixel perfect implementation of design
- Improve and build upon our current website, blog and documentation platforms
- New feature additions and SEO improvements
- Plan and implement technical improvements, such as page loading speed, transition smoothness, bug fixing and refactors to address technical debt
- Build and maintain our own flexible Design System
- Support best practices for SEO and frontend development
- Contribute to improving engagement and UX on the site to drive higher conversion
You’re a developer who deeply appreciates design. You can faithfully implement a design built in Sketch or Figma, giving meaningful feedback and even making changes to the design yourself if necessary. You are a team player who enjoys figuring out solutions to complex problems. You have a feeling for design and are able to translate design to product. You are familiar with the latest technologies in frontend development and love to stay up to date with the latest developments.
You are detail-oriented, mindful of deadlines and you have a high sense of responsibility. At Stream we strive to provide the best possible product and service to our clients, and we expect the same from you!
As a member of the team, you must be excited to grow with Stream. At our core, we are a startup - you should be able to act quickly, thrive in uncertainty, and love pivoting to new technologies.
- 5+ years of experience as a frontend developer
- Strong collaboration skills working both with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Expert level knowledge of CSS / SCSS with proven experience animating interactions
- In-depth knowledge of HTML and React
- A wide knowledge of developing responsive/ adaptive layouts for multiple browsers and platforms, including desktop, tablet, and mobile.
- Experience with ES6, ReactJS, JSX and modern JS build tools
- Focus on testing your own code and committing production ready code
**Don’t fall into all of the requirements? You don’t have to match every bullet as long as you can grow into the role and provide value to the team.**
- Experience with static site generators like Gatsby or Next.js
- High energy to jump on complex problems/tasks
- Taking ownership of the work
- Maintaining the standard of code quality
Our tech stack
At Stream we use a wide collection of technologies to offer highly optimized and available features to our customers. Here is a list of the technology that we use on the website team:
- CSS, SCSS, Style Components, PostCSS, CSS Modules
- Gatsby, Create React App
- react-testing-library, jest
Who We Are
Stream has a casual, social, and spirited culture. We are talented, highly technical, and collaborative which makes Stream a great place to learn and improve your skills. Our team is forward-thinking and diverse and we all have different backgrounds which lend to our creativity and innovation. With offices in Boulder and Amsterdam, our employees represent 15 countries, 11 languages, and counting.
Our team is passionate about tackling difficult tech problems at scale by creating reusable components that allow product owners to ship apps faster, more securely, and with a better user experience. Our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality; Our goal is to produce deliverable software.
What’s In It For You (US Only):
- 19+ days of paid time off plus 10 paid holidays
- Free health insurance for the employee and a discounted rate for dependents
- 401k contribution plan with 4% match
- 100% paid parental leave
- Company equity
- Dog-friendly office!
- Be part of a smart, high performing, passionate team
- A Macbook Pro and a work-from-home stipend
- Team lunches and plenty of snacks
- An office on Pearl Street in downtown Boulder
Salary (for Colorado only): Our salary ranges are based on national averages. We have wide ranges so we can be flexible and determine compensation based on a number of factors including the candidate's skills, level of experience, and location (which can be in the US, or a remote location that aligns with or is within +/- 3 hours of a US time zone). For Colorado-based candidates, the salary range for this position is $120,000-$140,000. Compensation at all other locations will be based on the factors as stated above.
If you are interested in becoming a part of what we do, apply now!
Stream provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.