Stream is hiring for a VP of Sales to join and lead our fast-paced and growth-oriented sales team. This person will have demonstrated success in scaling sales, account management, and operations within a hyper-growth SaaS environment. You will be tasked with defining and executing a business plan to achieve Stream’s revenue goals, determining our growth strategy, and aligning cross-functionally to drive our vision as a company. This position is located in Boulder (remote in USA timezone is also possible) and reports to the CEO.
Stream’s APIs power activity feeds and chat for a billion end users. The odds are high that some of the apps you use rely on our technology. Customers include IBM, Adobe, Gojek, Hopin, Match and many others.
What You Will Do
- Be accountable for Stream’s sales goals.
- Motivate and coach a team of 35 people consisting of sales leaders, AEs, AMs, ISRs, SDRs, operations, and enablement.
- Define and manage GTM strategy to acquire new customers while retaining and expanding across existing customers.
- Plan accurate and scalable forecasting across both short and long sales cycles.
- Collaborate with our product team to help influence the future of Stream’s offerings and direction.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders on supporting the sales process.
- Hire fantastic new talent around the world to meet the demands of our customers.
Who You Are
- You are a team player who enjoys driving operational excellence and uplifting team members.
- You consider yourself a subject matter expert in sales, sales process and methodology, and delivering key sales results.
- You are continuously learning, listening, and impacting change.
Ideally you have:
- 10+ years experience working in global, high-growth, SaaS companies with a start-up or two thrown in there for good measure.
- Strong ethics, empathy, and people management skills.
- A track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets as both an individual contributor and a leader.
- Passion for technical products and emerging technologies defining how companies look to build their product.
- Experience selling a technical product to personas like product managers and developers.
- Closed deals worth $100k to $1M in ACV.
- Desire to establish and build world-class sales processes and procedures.
- Expert knowledge of sales methodologies and processes in software sales and sales coaching.
- Experience working with small, fast-paced and self-serve clients & navigating large, complex, enterprise customers with varying needs.
- You pride yourself on onboarding programs for sales teams that provide them with what they need to be successful.
- Metrics and KPIs drive your ability to measure success.
- Startup experience and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Who We Are:
Stream has a casual, social, and spirited culture. We are talented, highly technical, and collaborative which makes Stream a great place to learn and improve your skills. Our team is forward-thinking and diverse and we all have different backgrounds which lends to our creativity and innovation. With offices in Boulder and Amsterdam, our employees represent 15 countries, 11 languages and counting.
Our team is passionate about tackling difficult tech problems at scale by creating reusable components that allow product owners to ship apps faster, more securely, and with a better user experience. Our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality; Our goal is to produce deliverable software.
What’s In It For You (US Only):
- 19+ days of paid time off plus 10 paid holidays ✈️
- Free health insurance for the employee and a discounted rate for dependents
- 401k contribution plan
- 100% paid parental leave 👶
- Company equity
- Dog friendly office! 🐶
- Be part of a smart, high performing, passionate team
- A Macbook Pro and a work-from-home stipend (US only)
- Team lunches and plenty of snacks (US only) 🌯
- An office on Pearl Street in downtown Boulder
- The possibility to visit our office in Amsterdam 🇳🇱
Salary (for Colorado only): Our salary ranges are based on national averages. We have wide ranges so we can be flexible and determine compensation based on a number of factors including candidate's skills, level of experience, and location. The salary + commissions range for this position is $200,000 to $500,000 depending on prior experience.