Stream is hiring for a Technical Director of Gaming. In this role you’ll lead Stream’s efforts to provide our chat and activity feeds APIs for gaming platforms. Initially the focus will be on Unity and Unreal. As a director you should understand the competitive landscape. Note that we’re currently also hiring lead engineers for Unity and Unreal.
Stream’s APIs for activity feeds and chat are used by over a billion end users. Our team is passionate about tackling difficult tech problems at scale and creating reusable components for them that allow product owners to ship apps faster, more securely and with better user experience.
The backend technology is based on Go, RocksDB & Raft. We’re currently one of the fastest growing startups in Colorado and Amsterdam. For this role we’re hiring in Amsterdam or remotely.
What you will be doing
In this role you lead 2 team leads for Unity / C# and Unreal / C++. You’ll spend about 30% of your time managing and the remainder you’ll actively write code and contribute to the teams. Staying involved with the code helps ensure that you understand how customers experience our SDKs and what challenges the engineers face.
Here are some examples of things that you’ll do in this role:
- Set a high bar for the quality of the SDKs and help the team leads resolve any issues
- Mentor and coach the team leads
- Help the team leads resolve issues within their team as they occur
- Collaborate with product to keep everyone aligned on strategy
- Set a high standard for engineering quality and execution
- Lead, retain, develop, hire and mentor high-performing and diverse teams across your organisation
- Act as a key member of the senior leadership team for Stream
- Understand our company strategy and help guide our team’s direction to realize it
- 10+ years of engineering experience on either C++ or C#
- 3+ years of experience managing teams
- Excellent communication and coaching skills
- An affinity for product and understanding how customers use our products
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Stream.
First we look for people who feel comfortable in a startup environment and solve problems outside of their core area of expertise.
Next we don’t hide issues and value transparency.
Finally, we search for people who want to achieve mastery in their role.
This is a team that executes at a fast pace and are passionate about setting a high bar for the quality of the work and Stream’s product experience.
What we have to offer you
Stream employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- A team of exceptional engineers
- The chance to work on OSS projects
- A competitive salary
- Company equity
- A pension scheme
- A generous Learning and Development budget
- Commute expenses to Amsterdam covered or option to use a company bike within the city
- Gym membership of choice covered
- MacBook Pro or another development setup
- Healthy team lunches and plenty of snacks
- A generous relocation package or the possibility to work fully remote
- Visa and immigration support for you and direct family members
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam
- The opportunity to attend or present to global conferences and meetups
At Stream we’re passionate about tackling difficult tech problems and turning them into easy to use reusable components. The culture is very product and engineering focused. You will fit right in if you care about engineering quality and the SDK developer experience. The team is diverse and we all have different nationalities and backgrounds.
Learning and quickly developing your skills as an engineer is an important part of Stream’s culture.
If you are interested in becoming a part of what we do, apply now!