Stream is looking for a Lead Unity C# developer to head up our Unity efforts. Our APIs for activity feeds and chat are used by over a billion end users. Historically we’ve not offered an SDK for Unity.
You’ll build up a team, figure out best practices for building reusable components in Unity and make it a breeze for other developers to build chat & messaging apps. The source code for SDKs is public on Github, giving you the opportunity to showcase the quality of your work.
The backend technology is based on Go, RocksDB & Raft. We’re currently one of the fastest-growing startups in Colorado and Amsterdam. For this role, we’re hiring in Amsterdam or remotely.
What you will be doing
As a lead developer, you spend most of your time on engineering and programming. You also mentor your team and support them in their growth, set the technical vision for the SDK, work closely with the product team, and collaborate with other engineering teams. Introducing Unity Chat components is a new project, so you’ll begin as a team of one and hire your own team.
You are building SDKs that other developers use. This sets a very high bar in terms of code quality. Our SDKs are used by some of the world’s largest apps. Stability, performance, and world-class documentation are essential. Since we provide APIs & SDKs that are used by thousands of companies we can and should optimize to a very high-quality level.
- 5+ years of experience as an Unity developer writing C#
- A passion for ensuring quality by writing pragmatic automated tests
- 2+ years of experience in a formal and informal engineering leadership role
- Attention to user experience details - visual look and feel
- (Bonus) Experience with developing SDK libraries or maintaining open-source projects
Our tech stack
At Stream, we use a wide collection of technologies to offer highly optimized and available features to our customers. Over the years we have experimented with different programming languages, frameworks, databases, and libraries. Here is a shortlist of the technology that we currently use. Do not worry if you do not master them all or if you do not see your favorite tool or language, you will have the chance to be exposed to most and to convince us to expand the list:
- Go, gRPC, RocksDB, Python
- Postgresql, RabbitMQ
- AWS, Puppet, CloudFormation
- Grafana, Graphite, ELK, Jaeger
- Redis, Memcached
What we have to offer you
Stream employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- A team of exceptional engineers
- The chance to work on OSS projects
- A competitive salary
- Company equity
- A pension scheme
- A generous Learning and Development budget
- Commute expenses to Amsterdam covered or option to use a company bike within the city
- Gym membership of choice covered
- MacBook Pro or another development setup
- Healthy team lunches and plenty of snacks
- A generous relocation package
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam
- The opportunity to attend or present to global conferences and meetups
At Stream we’re passionate about tackling difficult tech problems and turning them into easy to use reusable components. The culture is very product and engineering focused. You will fit right in if you care about engineering quality and the SDK developer experience. The team is diverse and we all have different nationalities and backgrounds.
Learning and quickly developing your skills as an engineer is an important part of Stream’s culture.
If you are interested in becoming a part of what we do, apply now!