We are looking to hire an experienced Android engineer to join the Developer Relations team at Stream. This remote position is located in Indonesia, Singapore, and South Korea and reports to the Mobile Developer Relations Team Lead.
What You Will Do
- Spread awareness of Stream by building local communities, driving discussions, and providing guidance to developers.
- Work closely with Stream’s engineering and product teams to improve the overall developer experience.
- Participate in local and global meetups, events, and sponsorships.
- Build relationships and collaborate with external content creators.
Who You Are
- A lifelong learner who is always looking for the next challenge.
- Self-motivated, driven, and can solve problems autonomously.
- Focused on solving problems in the best way possible.
- A detail-oriented individual whose effort shows high-quality output.
- An excellent communicator who enjoys teaching others through different modes of communication (e.g. writing, video).
- A contributor to local developer communities and meetups
At Stream, we strive to provide the best possible product and service to our clients, and we expect the same from you! As a member of the team, you must be excited to grow with Stream. At our core, we are a startup - you should be able to act quickly, thrive in uncertainty, and love pivoting to new technologies.
Ideally you have
- A minimum of 4 years of experience as a software engineer, developer, or equivalent technical experience.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- 1-2 years of technical consulting or in a community engagement capacity.
- An expert-level understanding of Kotlin, Jetpack Compose, and Android at a production-level environment.
- Experience working with and building third-party developer tools such as APIs, SDKs, and client libraries.
- A transparent history of GitHub commits and contributions to open-source projects.
- Participated in online and offline developer communities and ecosystems such as open-source platforms, blogs, YouTube video series, tech conferences, hackathons, meet-ups, technical teaching, and training.
- Experience working as a Developer Advocate in the tech space.
- Strong social presence.
- Examples of written content (e.g., Medium, Dev.to, personal blog, other).
- Built and deployed Android applications.
What do we have to offer you
- A team of exceptional engineers
- The chance to work on OSS projects
- A competitive salary
- Company equity
- A pension scheme
- Gym membership
- MacBook Pro or another development setup
- The opportunity to attend or present to global conferences and meetups
- The possibility to visit our offices in Boulder, CO and Amsterdam (NL)
Stream has a casual, social, and spirited culture. We are talented, highly technical, and collaborative which makes Stream a great place to learn and improve your skills. Our team is forward-thinking and diverse and we all have different backgrounds which lends to our creativity and innovation. With offices in Boulder and Amsterdam, our employees represent 15 countries, 11 languages and counting.
Our team is passionate about tackling difficult tech problems at scale by creating reusable components that allow product owners to ship apps faster, more securely, and with a better user experience. Our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality; Our goal is to produce deliverable software.
If you are interested in becoming a part of what we do, apply now!