Stream is hiring for an iOS Developer Advocate to join the Developer Relations team. This position is located in our Boulder office (or remote in the US) and reports to the Mobile Developer Relations Team Lead.
What You Will Do
- Spread awareness of Stream by building community, driving discussions, and providing guidance to developers.
- Work with the SDK team on a daily basis to improve the overall developer experience.
- Relay feedback to the team and help influence the product roadmap based on community feedback.
- Write, release, document, and manage open-source projects and demo apps built on Stream products.
- Work closely with Stream’s engineering and product teams.
- Work closely with community members, developers, and product owners to improve Stream’s SDKs.
Who You Are
- A lifelong learner who is always looking for the next challenge.
- Self-motivated, driven, and can solve problems autonomously.
- Focused on solving problems in the best way possible.
- A detail-oriented individual whose effort shows high-quality output.
- An excellent communicator who enjoys teaching others through different modes of communication (e.g. writing, video).
At Stream we strive to provide the best possible product and service to our clients, and we expect the same from you! As a member of the team, you must be excited to grow with Stream. At our core, we are a startup - you should be able to act quickly, thrive in uncertainty, and love pivoting to new technologies.
Ideally you have
- A minimum of 4 years of experience as a software engineer, developer, or equivalent technical experience.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- 1-2 years of technical consulting or in a community engagement capacity.
- An expert-level understanding of Swift, UI Kit, or Swift UI at a production-level environment.
- Experience working with and building third-party developer tools such as APIs, SDKs, and client libraries.
- A transparent history of GitHub commits and contributions to open-source projects.
- Participated in online and offline developer communities and ecosystems such as open-source platforms, blogs, YouTube video series, tech conferences, hackathons, meet-ups, technical teaching, and training.
- Experience working as a Developer Advocate in the tech space.
- Speaking at or hosting in-person or virtual events.
- Strong social presence.
- Examples of written content (e.g., Medium, Dev.to, personal blog, other).
- Built and deployed Flutter Web and Desktop applications.
Who We Are
Stream has a casual, social, and spirited culture. We are talented, highly technical, and collaborative which makes Stream a great place to learn and improve your skills. Our team is forward-thinking and diverse and we all have different backgrounds which lends to our creativity and innovation. With offices in Boulder and Amsterdam, our employees represent 15 countries, 11 languages and counting.
Our team is passionate about tackling difficult tech problems at scale by creating reusable components that allow product owners to ship apps faster, more securely, and with a better user experience. Our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality; Our goal is to produce deliverable software.
What’s In It For You (US Only)
- 19+ days of paid time off plus 10 paid holidays ✈️
- Free health insurance for the employee and a discounted rate for dependents
- 401k contribution plan
- 100% paid parental leave 👶
- Company equity
- Dog friendly office! 🐶
- Be part of a smart, high performing, passionate team
- A Macbook Pro and a work-from-home stipend (US only)
- Team lunches and plenty of snacks (US only) 🌯
- An office on Pearl Street in downtown Boulder
- The possibility to visit our office in Amsterdam 🇳🇱
Salary (for Colorado only): Our salary ranges are based on national averages. We have wide ranges so we can be flexible and determine compensation based on a number of factors including the candidate's skills, level of experience, and location (which can be in the US or a remote location that aligns with a US time zone). For Colorado-based candidates, the salary range for this position starts at $110,000. Compensation at all other locations will be based on the factors as stated above.