Stream is hiring a talented VP of People to join our incredibly face-paced and high-growth team. This position is responsible for leading Stream’s People function and strategy; advancing programs in Human Resources, Recruiting and all other programs and strategy related to Employee Engagement & Experience.
In this role, you will serve as a member of the management team and a thought partner to the CEO to provide HR insights with regards to leadership, coaching, employee relations, talent acquisition, engagement, culture, compensation, organizational design and change, performance management, learning, and development.
This position reports to the CEO. It is not remote-eligible and will be based in our Boulder, Colorado office.
What You Will Be Doing
- Act as a strategic partner to the CEO and other executives
- Support our recruiting team efforts to hire top talent
- Ensure every candidate applying to Stream has a great experience from the interview to onboarding and beyond
- Drive cultural initiatives to increase employee satisfaction, engagement and retention.
- Help set quarterly goals and performance reviews
- Understand the performance of teams at Stream and help employees achieve a higher level of execution
- Facilitate the growth of culture and values at Stream
- Ensure that company practices comply with all relevant laws
- Guide our international hiring and team development for 20+ nationalities and a team of more than 130 employees
- Continue to uphold our values when it comes to diversity, inclusion, and bias-free hiring practices
- 10-15 years of HR experience
- 5-7 years of experience at a tech startup
- 3+ years of experience in HR leadership as a VP
- Experience in building out HR policies, processes and compensation structures for U.S., Europe, and other countries.
- Experience hiring internationally and working with remote teams
- Well-honed interpersonal and relationship-building skills that facilitate strong relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Experienced driving change, including working with the CEO to develop effective internal communication strategies
- Expertise as a thought leader, or big picture thinker, who anticipates future trends and consequences, and creates strategies and plans accordingly
- Experience working directly with all levels of the organization, from the front line to executive staff
- Ability to interact effectively with the company’s Board of Directors/Investors, particularly in matters related to executive compensation
- Proven track record of designing, implementing and measuring the success of diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
- Comfort with ambiguity and a rapidly changing environment
- Fluency in DEI concepts and strategy
Who We Are
Stream has a casual, social, and spirited culture. We are talented, highly technical, and collaborative, making Stream a great place to learn and improve your skills. Our team is forward-thinking and diverse, and we all have different backgrounds, which lends to our creativity and innovation. With offices in Boulder and Amsterdam, our employees represent 20+ countries, 11 languages, and counting.
Our team is passionate about tackling complex tech problems at scale by creating reusable components that allow product owners to ship apps faster, more securely, and with a better user experience. Our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality; Our goal is to produce deliverable software.
What We Have To Offer You
Stream employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- 19+ days of paid time off plus 10 paid holidays
- Free health insurance for the employee and a discounted rate for dependents
- 401k contribution plan with 4% match
- 100% paid parental leave
- Company equity
- Dog friendly office!
- Be part of a smart, high performing, passionate team
- A Macbook Pro and a work-from-home stipend
- Team lunches and plenty of snacks
- An office on Pearl Street in downtown Boulder
Salary (for Colorado only): Our salary ranges are based on national averages. We have wide ranges so we can be flexible and determine compensation based on a number of factors including candidate's skills, level of experience, and location. The base salary range for this position starts at $175,000 and will increase based on experience and qualifications.