We are looking for a full-time Site Reliability Engineer to join our Amsterdam office. You’ll work on our complex architecture and operations. Stream runs dozens of servers across multiple data-centers and hosting providers, and you will take responsibility for the overall stability, scalability, and growth of our infrastructure while working closely with our team of software developers.
What you will be doing
- Provide, deploy and maintain production infrastructure and services running mainly on AWS
- Implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks, and information
- Implement operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- You enjoy solving scalability challenges by thinking out of the box and by using your strong understanding of the underlying technology.
- You want to work at the core of a technology that powers the feed for over 500 million end-users.
- You understand that working at a startup is demanding, but you like that you won't have to deal with layers of management to get things done.
- You are excited to be part of an exceptional team with years of experience in this domain.
- Professional experience in Linux systems administration (5+ years)
- Familiarity with Python and Golang
- Experience in performing OS minimization and hardening of a Linux system
- A strong understanding of IP-based networking and security protocols (e.g. TLS, SSL, etc.)
- A good understanding of AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, Cloudformation, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management systems (e.g. Puppet, SALT, Fabric Ansible, etc.)
- Familiarity with shell scripting (i.e. Bash and Python) and versioning tools (i.e. Git)
- Familiarity with monitoring and operating relational database systems, in particular, Postgres
- Experience with Nginx web server technologies
- Experience with Cassandra, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Experience with distributed databases
- Experience with GCE
- Golang + gRPC
- Jaeger + ScyllaDB
What’s In It For You
Stream employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- A team of exceptional engineers
- The chance to work on OSS projects
- A competitive salary
- Company equity
- 28 days paid time off plus paid Dutch holidays
- A pension scheme
- A generous Learning and Development budget
- Commute expenses to Amsterdam covered or option to use a company bike within the city
- Gym membership of choice covered
- MacBook Pro or another development setup
- Healthy team lunches and plenty of snacks
- A generous relocation package
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam or the possibility to work fully remote
- The opportunity to attend or present to global conferences and meetups
- The possibility to visit our office in Boulder, CO
Stream has a casual social culture, our team is diverse and we all have different backgrounds. Our Amsterdam team is very focused: you will see us heads-down coding or drawing complex charts on whiteboards until we pop up to have a chat or play merciless games of ping pong.
Our talented developers are highly technical and collaborative, which makes Stream a great place to learn and improve your skills. When it comes to software engineering our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality: our goal is to deliver stable software.
If you are interested in becoming a part of what we do, apply now!
No recruiters/agencies please