For our Chat SDK team we are seeking a Senior iOS SDK Architect to work on our native iOS SDK libraries. This is a remote role, if you’d prefer to work at our Amsterdam or Boulder office that’s also possible. Depending on your experience we also have job openings available for an iOS developer and a director of mobile development role.
What you will be doing
As an iOS SDK Architect, you strive to simplify how applications are built. You will lead by example, raise the team’s technological proficiency, and influence the rest of the team towards best practices and mature technological choices.
You will write and maintain our open-source SDKs that are used by hundreds of our customers and consumed by hundreds of millions of their users.
Most of your day will be dedicated to software design, research, and coding. You will work with modern iOS technologies, such as Swift, SwiftUI, and Combine, with a heavy focus on code quality, API design, testing, and CI/CD processes.
- Passion for writing simple and testable code, and for designing APIs meant to be used by other developers
- Deep knowledge of UIKit, experience with SwiftUI, modular UI elements, and design systems
- Proficiency in Swift and the iOS development ecosystem
- An enthusiasm for all kinds of iOS testing: unit, integration, UI, snapshot tests
- 7+ years of experience as an iOS developer
- Track of formal or informal leadership of junior and mid-level engineers
- Knowledge of CoreData
- Experience with developing SDK libraries or maintaining open-source projects
- Familiarity with reactive patterns, experience with RxSwift or Combine
- Experience with Fastlane and CI/CD best practices
What we have to offer you
Stream employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- A team of exceptional engineers
- The chance to work on OSS projects
- A competitive salary
- Company equity
- A pension scheme
- A generous Learning and Development budget
- 28 days of paid time-off
- Commute expenses to Amsterdam covered or option to use a company bike within the city
- Gym membership of choice covered
- MacBook Pro or another development setup
- Healthy team lunches and plenty of snacks
- A generous relocation package
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam
- The opportunity to attend or present to global conferences and meetups
- The possibility to visit our office in Boulder, CO
Stream has a casual social culture, our team is diverse and we all have different backgrounds.
Our talented developers are highly technical and collaborative, which makes Stream a great place to learn and improve your skills. When it comes to software engineering our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality: our goal is to deliver stable software.
If you are interested in becoming a part of what we do, apply now!
Salary (for Colorado only): Our salary ranges are based on national averages. We have wide ranges so we can be flexible and determine compensation based on a number of factors including the candidate's skills, level of experience, and location (which can be in the US, Netherlands, or a remote location that aligns with a US or CEST time zone). For Colorado-based candidates, the salary range for this position is $130,000-250,000. Compensation at all other locations will be based on the factors as stated above.