We are looking for an experienced React Native Developer to join our SDK development team. This is a full-time position in either our Amsterdam or US office or remote (CEST or close).
What you will be doing
You will mainly be responsible for building, maintaining, and taking ownership of Stream’s React Native SDKs to allow integration with Stream’s core APIs. Your work will be used by thousands of developers and consumed by billions of their end-users.
As one of Stream’s React Native developers, you strive to simplify how applications are built. Most of your day will be dedicated to software design, research, and coding. You will be expected to write documentation for the libraries we create and interact with our customers through Github by responding to issues and reviewing pull requests. In addition to feature additions and maintenance, you will take ownership of developer relations for the React Native SDKs.
- Maintain and enhance existing React Native SDKs
- Work across multiple teams to provide technical insight on product and feature development
- Collaborate with backend teams to ensure feature parity across SDKs
- Pivot, jump in, and assist in development/maintenance of other SDKs
- Assist customers with implementation, respond to GitHub issues and review open-source contributions
As a member of the team, you must be excited to grow with Stream. At our core, we are a startup - you should be able to act quickly, thrive in uncertainty, and love pivoting to new technologies.
- Been working as a software engineer for 3+ years
- Computer Science fundamentals
- A deep understanding of design and interaction with REST APIs
- Experience with TDD and CI
- Experience building libraries or tools that are used by developers
- TypeScript experience
- Experience interacting with other developers on Github (opening issues, open-source contributions, or maintenance)
- Other technical experience with Go, NodeJS, native iOS, native android
Our tech stack
At Stream, we use a wide collection of technologies to offer highly optimized and available features to our customers. Here is a shortlist of the technology that we currently use:
Go, gRPC, RocksDB, Python
AWS, Puppet, CloudFormation
Grafana, Graphite, ELK, Jaeger
What we have to offer you
Stream employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- A team of exceptional engineers
- The chance to work on OSS projects
- A competitive salary
- Company equity
- A pension scheme
- A generous Learning and Development budget
- 28 days of paid time-off
- Commute expenses to Amsterdam covered or option to use a company bike within the city
- Gym membership of choice covered
- MacBook Pro or another development setup
- Healthy team lunches and plenty of snacks
- A generous relocation package
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam or the possibility to work fully remote
- The opportunity to attend or present to global conferences and meetups
- The possibility to visit our office in Boulder, CO
Our culture Stream has a casual social culture, our team is diverse and we all have different backgrounds. Our talented developers are highly technical and collaborative, which makes Stream a great place to learn and improve your skills. When it comes to software engineering our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality: our goal is to deliver stable software.
If you are interested in becoming a part of what we do, apply now!