We are looking for full time Site Reliability Engineer to work on our complex architecture and operations. Stream runs dozens of servers across multiple data-centers and hosting providers and you will take responsibility for the overall stability, scalability and growth of our infrastructure, while working closely with our team of software developers.
- Provide, deploy and maintain production infrastructure and services running mainly on AWS
- Implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
- Implement operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
Who You Are
You enjoy solving scalability challenges by thinking out of the box and by using your strong understanding of the underlying technology. You want to work at the core of a technology that powers the feed for over 500 million end users. You understand that working at a startup is demanding, but you like that you won't have to deal with layers of management to get things done. You are excited to be part of an exceptional team with years of experience in this domain.
At Stream we strive to provide the best possible product and service to our clients, and we expect the same from you! As a member of the team, you must be excited to grow with Stream. At our core, we are a startup - you should be able to act quickly, thrive in uncertainty, and love pivoting to new technologies.
Ideally you have
- 1+ years of professional experience with Go development
- 5+ years of professional experience in Linux systems administration
- Experience in performing OS minimization and hardening of a Linux system
- A strong understanding of IP-based networking and security protocols (e.g. TLS, SSL, etc.)
- A good understanding of AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, Cloudformation, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management system (e.g. Puppet, SALT, Fabric Ansible, etc.)
- Familiarity with shell scripting (i.e. Bash and Python) and versioning tools (i.e. Git)
- Familiarity with monitoring and operating relational database systems, in particular Postgres
- Experience with Nginx web server technologies
- Experience with Cassandra, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Familiarity with Python
- Experience with distributed databases
- Experience with GCE
- Startup experience and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Who We Are
Stream has a casual, social, and playful culture. We are talented, highly technical, and collaborative which makes Stream a great place to learn and improve your skills. Our team is forward-thinking and diverse and we all have different backgrounds which lends to our creativity and innovation. With offices in Boulder and Amsterdam, our employees represent 15 countries, 11 languages, and counting.
Our team is passionate about tackling difficult tech problems at scale by creating reusable components that allow product owners to ship apps faster, more securely, and with a better user experience. Our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality; Our goal is to produce deliverable software.
What’s In It For You
- 3+ weeks of paid time off plus 10 paid holidays ✈️
- 401k contribution plan
- Free health insurance for the employee and a discounted rate for dependents
- 100% paid parental leave 👶
- Company equity
- Dog friendly office! 🐶
- Be part of a smart, high performing, passionate team
- A Macbook Pro and a work-from-home stipend
- Team lunches and plenty of snacks (onsite only) 🌯
- An office on Pearl Street in downtown Boulder
- The possibility to visit our office in Amsterdam 🇳🇱
Salary (for US only): The compensation range for this position starts at $90,000/year and may increase based on qualifications and experience.