We are looking for a Backend SDK Engineer to join our Engineering Team. This is a full-time position in either our Boulder or Amsterdam office. Remote is also an option.
What You Will Do
Job duties include building and maintaining Stream’s server-side Feed SDKs in all major languages. Your work will be used by thousands of developers and consumed by millions of their users.
As one of Stream’s SDK developers, you strive to simplify how applications are built. Most of your day will be dedicated to software design, research, and coding. You will be expected to write documentation for the libraries created and maintained, and interact with customers through GitHub by responding to issues and reviewing pull requests. Being proactive for this role is a must, you need to always look for potential issues, and actively fix them.
- Server-side SDK development, enhancement, and maintenance in major languages
- Interaction and support with developers consuming server-side SDKs via GitHub and other methods
- Communicating with the API and product teams to ensure all features are accessible via SDKs
- Documenting and implementing new features
Who You Are
You are detail-oriented, proactive, mindful of deadlines and you have a high sense of responsibility. You can work on your own and always strive to improve the projects you are responsible for.
At Stream, we strive to provide the best possible product and service to our clients, and we expect the same from you! As a member of the team, you must be excited to grow with Stream. At our core, we are a startup - you should be able to act quickly, thrive in uncertainty, and love pivoting to new technologies.
- 3+ years of professional experience as a software developer
- Experience with .NET
- Experience with at least one of these languages: Java, Ruby, Python, PHP, Swift
- Computer Science fundamentals
- A deep understanding of design and interaction with REST APIs
- Worked with TDD and CI
- Experience building libraries or tools that are used by developers
- Experience interacting with other developers on GitHub (opening issues, open-source contributions, or maintenance)
- Hands-on experience with GraphQL
- Startup experience and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Who We Are
Stream has a casual, social, and playful culture. We are talented, highly technical, and collaborative which makes Stream a great place to learn and improve your skills. Our team is forward-thinking and diverse and we all have different backgrounds which lend to our creativity and innovation. With offices in Boulder and Amsterdam, our employees represent 15 countries, 11 languages, and counting.
Our team is passionate about tackling difficult tech problems at scale by creating reusable components that allow product owners to ship apps faster, more securely, and with a better user experience. Our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality; Our goal is to produce deliverable software.
What we have to offer you
Stream employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- A team of exceptional engineers
- The chance to work on OSS projects
- A competitive salary
- Company equity
- A pension scheme
- A generous Learning and Development budget
- Commute expenses to Amsterdam covered or option to use a company bike within the city
- Gym membership of choice covered
- MacBook Pro or another development setup
- Healthy team lunches and plenty of snacks
- A generous relocation package
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam
- The opportunity to attend or present to global conferences and meetups
- The possibility to visit our office in Boulder, CO